What to see and do
– Walking, there are numerous signposted walks in and around Recques-sur-Course
– Escap’âne : walking with a donkey, hire available in Ergny
– Cycle route – romantically named “les lacs d’amour”
– Horse Trekking in Inxent
– Kayak Canoeing on the Canche river at Montreuil
– Trout fishing in Beussent
Landscapes and gardens in bloom
– « A fleur de course » : a trail of farms and farmland planted with beautiful country flowers from July to October.
– «L’esprit Vert » : private gardens throughout the valley open to the public
– The manor house gardens in Henocq
History and monuments
– The Château in Recques (manor house) not open to visitors but visible from the road.
– Montreuil-sur-Mer : Ramparts, citadel, abbey-church, quaint streets and historic houses and museum in Hôtel la Rivière.
– The churches trail in Montreuil, Neuville,Recques-sur-Course, Montcavrel and Bernieulles
– Azincourt (Agincourt) – Site of the historic battle between Henry the Vth of England and Charles VIIth of France.
– Long pale sandy beaches in nearby Le Touquet, Merlimont and Stella (20 mins.) as well as Hardelot and Berck-sur-Mer (30 mins)
– Sand-yachting, sailing, speed-sailing and windsurfing in Merlimont, Le Touquet and Berck-Sur-Mer
– Golf : no fewer than five 18 hole courses in Le Touquet, Hardelot and Nampont-Saint-Martin, within a 30 minute drive.
– Swimming pool in Montreuil
-Tennis in Montreuil, Le Touquet, Merlimont
-Karting in Berck
Fun for all the family
– Bagatelle amusement park in Merlimont
-Aqualud leisure pool in Le Touquet
– Boat trips in the Canche Bay from Etaples-sur-Mer
– The Le Touquet Maize in Villers Saint-Josse
– Nausicaa the National Centre of Marine Life in Boulogne-sur-Mer
– Maréis fishing museum and the Maritime museum in Etaples-Sur-Mer
-Enduropale du Touquet en février
– The International Kite Festival in Berck-Sur-Mer in late March early April
-Visites-Spectacles à Montreuil de fin Juin à Fin septembre
– Côte d’Opale Music Festival in July
– Les Miserables” sound and light show in Montreuil-sur-Mer late July to early August
– “Malins Plaisirs” theatre festival in Montreuil-sur-Mer in August
– Herring Festival in Etaples-sur-Mer in November
More informations : www.pas-de-calais.com
Informations non contractuelles